Monday, May 17, 2010

Wow...it's almost been 2 months!

We arrive in Botswana on the 20th of March....that means we've almost been back for 2 months!! I can hardly believe it. Our transition back has been much easier than I thought it would be.

After a few weeks it felt totally normal to be back, no one was moping around depressed or crying for home! I was amazed...It was not that way when we returned to the States for our furlough. The first month or so was great. It was Christmas time, snowing, and we were with family, Target, and Starbucks again. Life was good. Then real life happened. School started, Matt started to travel to raise our support, and the kids started crying. It was VERY hard. I can't tell you how many, "I hate it here, I want to go home's" I heard. It was literally 6 months before I realized that no one was crying, or mad, or yelling....I never would have believed that the transition back to our wonderful home country would be so hard, but it was.

I am so happy to say, that though I was preparing for the worst when we returned, we have not had those emotions or lows since we arrived back!! Hannah and Zach even had to start at a new school, with a different system, and all new kids and they have adjusted quickly and happily! I honestly did not think that could happen. Oh, great woman of faith, I am=(

I absolutely know that this is a direct result of prayer! We have had so many faithful family, friends, and supporters that have held us up in prayer. Many of them I know prayed specifically for our kids and this transition time! Words can't describe what this means to us...we are so thankful for all the prayer on our behalf and an Awesome God that hears and answers prayer!!

No comments: